Please Print off, complete and sign the attached Notice of Intention to Leave and return to our office in person or via email to email@example.com
Download “Notice of Intention to Leave” intention to leave
The minimum notice period a tenant needs to give the lessor/agent if they want to move out when giving a Notice of Intention to Leave (Form 13) is:
- 14 days or the end of the tenancy (whichever is later) without grounds under a fixed term agreement
- 14 days without grounds (no reason) under a periodic agreement
- 7 days for an unremedied breach
- 7 days for non-compliance with a Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) order
- the same day for non-livability
- 14 days for compulsory acquisition
All notices to leave must be given in writing.
If the tenant doesn’t give the correct amount of notice and use the correct form, they may be subject to a claim for compensation from the lessor/agent.